For most fans, the racing season begins later this month, with the Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway. It features a mix of talented drivers, from various racing circles. There have been plenty of open wheel drivers in the event, and this year’s class is no exception. There will be at least 13 drivers competing that also participated in last year’s Indianapolis 500.
There could be a few more, as Justin Wilson, Josef Newgarden, and James Hinchcliffe are all actively looking for a seat. For now though, here are the 13 confirmed IndyCar drivers:
- Sebastien Bourdais, No. 5 Action Express Racing Corvette DP
- Ryan Hunter-Reay, No. 7 Starworks Motorsport Riley-Dinan BMW
- Charlie Kimball, No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley-Ford
- Sage Karam, No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley-Ford
- Tony Kanaan, No. 02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley-Ford
- Scott Dixon, No. 02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley-Ford
- Jack Hawksworth, No. 11 RSR Racing Oreca FLM09
- Martin Plowman, No. 61 BAR1 Motorsports Oreca FLM09
- Ryan Briscoe, No. 3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R
- Simon Pagenaud, No. 4 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R
- Graham Rahal, No. 24 BMW Team RLL BMW Z4 GTE
- Townsend Bell, No. 63 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 458 Italia GT3
- James Davison, No. 007 TRG-AMR Aston Martin Vantage
Other familiar faces with open wheel ties include Rubens Barrichello, Christian Fittipaldi, AJ Allmendinger, Gabby Chaves, Scott Pruett, Scott Sharp, Bruno Junqueira, and Katherine Legge. The race takes place on January 24, 25.